Skin Peel Solutions
A chemical peel is a skin treatment used to improve and smooth skin texture using a chemical solution that causes the dead skin to peel off. The regenerated skin is usually smoother and less wrinkled than the old skin. Chemical peels shall be administered by professionals.
Enzymatic peels. Very light often called “lunch time” peel. Administered to brighten skin tone.
Alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs) are naturally occurring carboxylic acids such as glycolic acid, found in sugar cane juice and lactic acid, found in sour milk and tomato juice, other acids like citric acid, malic cid, tartaric acid are used. This is the mildest of the peels for treatment of fine wrinkles, areas of dryness, uneven pigmentation and acne.
Beta hydroxy acid (BHA) peels are able to get deeper into the pore than AHA. Studies show that BHA peels control sebum excretion, acne as well as remove dead skin cells to a certain extent better than AHAs due to AHAs only working on the surface of the skin. Salicylic acid is a beta hydroxy acid.
Jessner's peel solution combines 14% salicylic acid, lactic acid, and resorcinol in an ethanol base. It breaks intracellular bridges between keratinocytes. It is very difficult to "overpeel" the skin due to the mild percentages associated with the acid combination.
Retinoic acid is a retinoid. This is a deeper peel than the beta hydroxy acid peel and is used to remove scars as well as wrinkles and pigmentation problems. It is usually performed in conjunction with a Jessner; which is performed right before, in order to open up the skin, so the retinoic acid can penetrate on a deeper level. The client leaves with the chemical peel solution on their face. The peeling process takes place on the third day.
Trichloroacetic acid (TCA) is used as an intermediate to deep peeling agent in concentrations ranging from 20-50%. Depth of penetration is increased as concentration increases, with 50% TCA penetrating into the reticular dermis. Concentrations higher than 35% are not recommended because of the high risk of scarring.
Phenol is the strongest of the chemical solutions and produces a deep skin peel.
After a chemical peel, skin is temporarily more sensitive to the sun, so application of sunscreen every day is highly recommended.
Our Solutions are Medik8, HydroPeptide, Zo Medical and Nimue
Medik8 peels are a part of Medispa treatments. Superficial Enzyme treatment to brighten skin tone, leave skin more radiant with no or little erythema.
- Medik 8 agePeel - age defying peel. An effective combination of acids to reduce fine lines and wrinkles and fade away imperfections, leaving the skin smooth and renewed.
- Medik8 withePeel. The most effective way to achieve brighter and even skin tone, free of dark spots and hyperpigmentation, is to eliminate skin cells rich in melanin and prevent darkening of the new cells.
- Medik8 betaPeel for problematic and acne skin. Rapidly brings acne under control and dramatically reduces the risk of future outbreaks.
- Medik8 eyePeel - Anti – Ageing Eye peel. Carefully selected gentle AHAs provide even penetration to reduce inflammation and irritation.
- Medik8 Jessner Peel and Medik8 TCA 30 Peel are available for professional treatments.
We also offer HydroPeptide peels as part of HydroPeptide treatment programs.